Personal Rights, See Section 101223 for waiver conditions applicable to Child Care Centers.
(a) Child Care Centers. Each child receiving services from a Child Care Center shall have rights which include, but are
not limited to, the following:
(1) To be accorded dignity in his/her personal relationships with staff and other persons.
(2) To be accorded safe, healthful and comfortable accommodations, furnishings and equipment to meet his/her
(3) To be free from corporal or unusual punishment, infliction of pain, humiliation, intimidation, ridicule, coercion,
threat, mental abuse, or other actions of a punitive nature, including but not limited to: interference with daily
living functions, including eating, sleeping, or toileting; or withholding of shelter, clothing, medication or aids to
(4) To be informed, and to have his/her authorized representative, if any, informed by the licensee of the
provisions of law regarding complaints including, but not limited to, the address and telephone number of the
complaint receiving unit of the licensing agency and of information regarding confidentiality.
(5) To be free to attend religious services or activities of his/her choice and to have visits from the spiritual advisor
of his/her choice. Attendance at religious services, either in or outside the facility, shall be on a completely
voluntary basis. In Child Care Centers, decisions concerning attendance at religious services or visits from
spiritual advisors shall be made by the parent(s), or guardian(s) of the child.
(6) Not to be locked in any room, building, or facility premises by day or night.
(7) Not to be placed in any restraining device, except a supportive restraint approved in advance by the licensing
THE REPRESENTATIVE/PARENT/GUARDIAN HAS THE RIGHT TO BE INFORMED OF THE APPROPRIATE
LICENSING AGENCY TO CONTACT REGARDING COMPLAINTS, WHICH IS:
Community Care Licensing
2580 N. 1st St. #300
San Jose, CA 95131
TO: PARENT/GUARDIAN/CHILD OR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE: PLACE IN CHILD'S FILE
Upon satisfactory and full disclosure of the personal rights as explained, complete the following acknowledgment:
ACKNOWLEDGMENT: I/We have been personally advised of, and have received a copy of the personal rights contained in the
California Code of Regulations, Title 22, at the time of admission to:
Presbyterian Early Learning Center (PELC)
728 W. Fremont Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94087